Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thinking of Home in Colorado




Yankee Girl Head Frame





We have been on the road for almost a month and I am just getting out my paints.
As you can see, my mind is still in Colorado, though we have had some great adventures
the past few weeks.  




I have done a light wash on the sky and the background mountain as well as the old mining head frame








Here I have put in some of the trees








Now adding more color and detail to the head frame.
I love the desert southwest this time of year, but it is snowing back home,
and my thoughts stray that direction.  
Hopefully, I will have a chance to finish this painting soon, then start work on 
desert landscapes


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy Bobbie,(that was my mother's name)

If you didn't let Mark & Brian drag you around all over the country you could get some painting done.. I thought y'all 'settled' in Ouray so you could paint!! Now Mark just goes around taking GREAT calender shots and letting you soak in HOT springs!! You didn't LOOK at that idiot did you!!! He was something!!
Hope you get to do more watercolors as good as this one!!
We have a friend, Ginger Tesh, who teaches watercolors in CO in the summers....She is great!!!
butterbean carpenter